Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
The Future Games Show
- The Future Games Show will be taking place on Thursday, August 26 at 13:00 PDT. The digital game’s event will showcase over 40 games, hosted by Maggie Robertson who is the voice actor for Lady Dimitrescu from Resident Evil Village and Aaron LaPlante who plays The Duke.
- You can expect more than 40 games from a number of developers including Frontier Developments, Team17, Koch Media, and Tripwire Interactive.
- The Future Games Show will showcase a number of gameplay clips, feature developer walkthroughs and present some world premieres according to the official announcement. This year there will be a Virtual Show Floor exhibition containing games that will be accessible through Steam, with demos available after the event.
For more on this news find it here in Future Games Show To Feature Over 40 Games At Gamescom 2021.
- This year’s Microsoft livestream at Gamescom 2021 will be kicking off the day before on August 24th at 10:00 am PDT, 1:00 pm EDT, 6:00 pm BST, or 7:00 pm CEST on Youtube, Twitch, Facebook Gaming and Twitter.
- The event will have the “biggest exclusive games lineup ever” according to Microsoft, with “in-depth updates” on previously announced titles and updates on Xbox Game Pass.
- This year will feature Bethesda Germany, which will be hosting livestream programs over several days, starting on August 26th which can be found on Bethesda’s main Stream on Twitch.
For more on this news find it here in Microsoft Announces Gamescom 2021 Xbox Livestream.
Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous
- Developer Owlcat Games and publisher META have now unveiled the release date for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous console versions, releasing on March 1st 2022. The upcoming CRPG is set to launch on PC first in September, with console versions for Playstation 4 and Xbox One releasing next year.
- To celebrate the announcement a new trailer was revealed during Microsoft’s Twitchgaming Showcase: [email protected], which unveiled the main villain as well as the companion cast that will help them on their journey. There were also new details about new characters, gameplay mechanics and mythic transformations.
- By taking one of these paths, Mythic Transformations can allow characters to rise in the ranks, earning new Skills and Mythic Abilities, as well as affecting the world around them such Drezen, the biggest fortress in the game.
- Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous will release on PC on September 2nd 2021 and on consoles Playstation 4 and Xbox One on March 1st 2022.
For more on this news find it here in Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous Console Release Confirmed For March 1st 2022.
Diablo II Resurrected
- Blizzard have finally unveiled the dates for the open beta for Diablo 2: Resurrected on the official Blizzard website. Those who pre-ordered the game have early access starting August 13th. This will be followed by a Public Open Beta weekend starting on August 20th. Those who pre-order Diablo 2: Resurrected or the Diablo Prime Evil Collection will be able to play in the first beta.
- Both weekends will be open to all consoles except for Switch, so that means you can play on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X versions. The cross-progression support can also be tested during this beta.
- If you want the details on the beta check out our Diablo 2 Resurrected Beta – Everything We Know About The Early Access Beta And Open Beta.
For more on this news find it here in Diablo 2: Resurrected Early Access Starts August 13th For Pre-Orders; Open Beta Starts August 20th.
Tales of Arise
- A free demo will be released for upcoming JRPG Tales of Arise which will be released on August 18th for platforms Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. The demo is releasing ahead of the Tales of Arise launch on September 10th. So far no news on the PC demo version.
- Tales of Arise is the 17th entry in the main series, an Action-RPG following protagonists Alphen and Shionne. Together with their party they will explore the world of Dahna climbing rocky terrain, swimming in rivers, gathering by the campfire to cook food as well as fight a number of foes.
- You can also check out our Tales Of Arise Gameplay Impressions: Hands-On which explores the demo, taking a look at difficulty, exploration, boost strikes and more.
- Tales of Arise will release on September 10th on PC, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
For more on this news find it here in Tales Of Arise Will Get A Playstation And Xbox Demo Next Week.
- Publisher Chucklefish and developer Pixpil have announced the 2D pixel adventure RPG Eastward will be launching on September 16th as a Nintendo Switch time console exclusive, as well as releasing on PC.
- After spending about two years in development the title is finally launching. It draws inspiration from Japanese RPGs, but combining influence from Asia architecture and culture, from such places as Hong Kong, South Korea, Shanghai and India. Other inspirations include Zelda, Earthbound and Studio Ghibli.
- The story of Eastward follows a miner and a mysteriously powerful girl who takes off on an adventure across the country on a train journey, in a land now toxic. The action gameplay involves switching weapons best to challenge your foes, and switching between characters to defeat environmental puzzles. Players can explore, find items, and also cook. Chucklefish estimates players will take about 30 hours to complete the game.
For more on this news find it here in Eastward Launches Next Month As A Nintendo Switch Timed Console Exclusive.
Elder Scrolls Online
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Waking Flame will be arriving at the end of August, along with it will come a number of graphical improvements for Xbox Series X|S and Playstation 5 players.
- These improvements include the addition of enabling dynamic resolution scaling for performance mode on new generation consoles. For Series X and PS5 the dynamic resolution will scale between 1080p and 2160p (4K), while on Series S it will scale between 1080p and 1440p. This means players on Series X can expect to run at or close to 4K at 60 fps in performance for most situations.
- The Elder Scrolls Online: The Waking Flame DLC will release on PC and Stadia on August 23rd. For those on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Playstation 4 and Playstation 5 on August 31st.
For more on this news find it here in Elder Scrolls Online Console Enhanced Edition New Details Announced.
- Developer Frima Studio and publisher Kalypso Media have announced the turn-based RPG Disciples: Liberation will be releasing on October 21st for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam, Epic Games Store, and the Kalypso Store.
- The title is a fantasy world based turn-based, combat RPG where players will undertake hundreds of unique quests and foster relationships with an assortment of in-world factions. Players can build an army and trade resources to upgrade their home base.
- The game promises eighty plus hours of single-player campaign experience, a war-torn fantasy world to explore, a possibility to weave your own story, build a base, challenge deadly bosses and more.
For more on this news find it here in Disciples: Liberation Announced To Be Launching On October 21st.
King Arthur: Knight’s Tale
- Neocore Games have released a new sneak peek post about the Summer Patch for King Arthur: Knight’s Tale on what to expect. In the latest post, it details that the the new class Sage will utilise “frost-based magic” and will have an aptitude to providing utility to their team through “extra armor and HP” or using ice walls.
- New details were also unveiled about difficulty settings for the game. This feature will allow players to adjust the difficulty level, making the game a little less pun ishing or adding further challenge. There are four difficulty modes Bard, Recruit, Knightly and Unnatural.
- The patch will also add the first iteration for controller support. Those on PC will be able to access the fully supported controller feature from the main menu.
- More features will be coming with the Summer Patch alongside the ones mentioned, with more details coming around the release of the patch. No dates were given for the next patch release.
- King Arthur: Knight’s Tale is currently available on Steam Early Access.
- If you want to know what our first impressions of the game are be sure to check out next King Arthur: Knight’s Tale Preview And Gameplay Impressions.
For more on this news find it here in King Arthur: Knight’s Tale Summer Patch Sneak Peek Revealed.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: