Yes, technically, this is our first look at Battlefield 2042 gameplay.
Our first (proper) look at Battlefield 2042 gameplay will arrive tomorrow, as part of Xbox and Bethesda Showcase. To whet everyone’s appetite, DICE released roughly three seconds of gameplay from the trailer.
They very brief video was posted on Battlefield’s social channels, and we have it embedded below.
— Battlefield (@Battlefield) June 12, 2021
The footage shows an Apache helicopter engaging a Russian Kamov (Alligator) helicopter in the game’s Hourglass map. The view starts out in first-person, and quickly shifts to third-person before it cuts off. That’s about it.
But, if you’re curious about Battlefield 2042, feel free to browse our extensive coverage so far in the links below:
- Battlefield 2042 drops single-player campaign in favour of evolving multiplayer narrative.
- Battlefield 2042 is essentially three games in one.
- Battlefield 2042’s All-Out Warfare can be played with and against AI bots.
- Battlefield 2042 Specialists are Siege-like characters with unique abilities.
- Battlefield 2042 has no battle royale mode, but here’s Hazard Zone.
- Battlefield 2042 has Crysis-style on-the-fly weapon modding.
- Here’s how Conquest and Breakthrough work in Battlefield 2042.
- Free-to-play and cross-play in Battlefield 2042? DICE says stay tuned.
- Battle passes are coming to Battlefield 2042, and there’s already a roadmap for Year One.
- Battlefield 2024 alpha to kick off in July, beta coming ahead of launch.
- Battlefield 2042 is $70 on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S, and there’s a $120 edition.
Battlefield 2042 releases October 22 on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.